Thursday, June 12, 2008

an evening in the garden...


Each year a small group of us girls hosts a little garden tour as we like to call it. Basically over about two months we each invite the group for a meal in the garden. This is my favorite garden--I just want to pitch a tent and move in! This is my girlfriend Karen's garden; she always is the first to have anyone over because she thinks this is the end of her garden looking really fabulous. But her garden is always really stunning...she loves boxwood and her attention to detail is amazing as you can tell....look how decadent the table looks!
So Saturday we had an amazing dinner at her house...mine is next for brunch Sunday morning. Paths wander all over her yard with such delightful details... The kiddos are all invited to this evening. Aspen could not stop pointing at every little thing in this yard!
Her pond is a favorite of mine! I think she just put this in about six years ago...and she is always moving things back and forth...She has several huge koi living in her pond!

I just love how Karen is able to find balance with formality and whimsy... I try to do this but I am also trying to pattern color so much that sometimes I feel like I really miss with hitting the whimsical factor!

No comments: