Saturday, July 5, 2008

a fresh take on a french chair...

Oh I am just so excited! I just got in some new fabrics for my beloved shop chair...this poor chair...I bought it nine years ago when I opened my boutique, and it has gone thru some weathering...so when I was moving my shop to a larger space I bought all these fab silk tafetta fabrics to recover my chairs in and make dressing room curtains...and then...I had my baby. Thankfully I didn't recover the chairs! She loves to wipe her milk all over my chairs...plus...let me see...I think people have spilled coffee on my chairs monthly!

So, thank God for Anna Maria Horner and some beautiful new fabric for my chair! So I am going to recover this baby in several patterns--like she did at the quilt show where she debuted the collection but in another variation. I figure if I mix these well enough I can disguise when my baby and all my coffee drinkers spill!



Now, I am just trying to figure which coloration I like the most...hhmmm....

3 comments:

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

oooh I love this project! WONDERFUL fabrics and I love your plan...can't wait to see how it comes out. I have been contemplating one of those slipcovered white chairs from ikea but seriously HOW do you keep that clean with kids? lol I was thinking of tea dying it!

xo heather

Unknown said...

Your contact tab on your online store is not working, so I am hoping that you check your comments here and can get back to me! I am working on opening a baby boutique store in Salt Lake City, UT and have been scouring the internet for the best products to carry in my store. I LOVE your dresses and the onesies! Any chance that you wholesale? Thanks! Mandi Montague kmmontague@msn.com

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I LOVE your etsy shop!! i can b=never gush about that enough! And the name!!

As for the wonderful shaped chair and those marvelous fabrics. I am speechless!! it is perrrfection!! Can't wait to see what you do with it ;)