Friday, June 10, 2011

getting ready for a photoshoot!

So next weekend I will be doing my local photoshoot for back to school and fall! I am very excited, and I am under the gun to get it all done! So here is my current plan, for every order I am making right now, as soon as I finish I try to design a new fall piece...so hopefully the four girls will all be adorned equally as darling by the time next sunday rolls around! Designing is always so much fun for me, but sometimes, I put together fabrics over and over and they just don't work, and there goes two hours out of my day! Other times, I get it right away, and those times it seems I can do 3 pieces in two hours! I love those times...but you know when that happens, when I am under the gun to make it and get it done!


Thinking back to when I had Aspen, and started this little thing called Pipsqueak Couture...Pipsqueak Couture was just a logo onesie, a pipsie, with a ruffled bum...and now it flourishes into a large collection. Even just four years ago, it seems like it was so hard to find the fabrics that were just perfectly me! Now, I have to stop myself from thinking they all need to be a part of Pipsqueak Couture! Fabrics are stunning right now, and now I have two little girls to add their opinions of what they like...it is hilarious...I show them fabric one on one with me...so one can't see what the other picks...and what do you know, they both pick the same exact one...each and every single time! Just like clock work! It never ceases to completely crack me up! I hope they always love textiles as much as I do!



Last week I scored a ton of vintage ribbon, old store stock french florals....so you can look forward to that to be a part of the details in the collection! I am working them in bit by bit. I have really tried to mix things up a bit, so you will find darling items you don't already find in the custom boutique ever growning world of little girl's clothing! I have also paired up with a few different designers to bring you some extraordinary details to the next collection! Very fun for me because when each little, pretty accessory arrives, it is like Christmas to open the packages and have the girls try on all the pieces. Sorting out who models what is always interesting around here...it is a fight to the end over every last piece of goodness...each girl wants to wear each darling accessory! And if I try a hair piece on...you would think the world has ended around here...both scream at me that they are the models for hair pieces! I am so blessed to be able to do this, thank you all of you who make it possible for me to stay home with my girls and design and produce Pipsqueak Couture!


No comments: