Thursday, August 7, 2008

my vintage baby.

The tiniest things fascinate and inspire the heck out of me. My mom bought this tiny silk ribbon girl when I was about 18 I think. I just loved her, and I wanted her so badly...but my mom couldn't part with her so I decided to make them. Well I made about fifty of these little babies back in the day...and I named every one of them and I sold them in her antique shop in sets of three, in varying sizes...the biggest was about an inch and a half and the smallest was like a half inch. They were so sweet...and I keep thinking I should do some version of this on a child's dress, especially since Aspen finds as much fascination with tiny things as me! She wouldn't know what to do with herself finding little dollies attached right to her dress!

No comments: